We can assist with any of your Commercial Law matters including:
We’d love to hear from you…
Franchising is a business model that continues to grow & flourish
Did you know the Australian franchise sector contributes more than $146 billion to our national economy and employs more than 470,000 people?
The sheer size and popularity of franchising are the reasons why the sector is regulated at a national level. All franchising arrangements in Australia are governed by the Franchising Code of Conduct, which is prescribed by the Competition and Consumer Act.
Commercial & legal advice for franchisors and franchisees
At Aubrey Brown Lawyers, our Commercial Lawyers offer commercial and legal advice on the full range of franchising disciplines, from setting up a business and the preparation of contracts to exit strategies.
We look after both franchisors and franchisees. Our services include:
- Draft and review Franchise Agreements, disclosure documents and associated documentation for franchisors at start-up
- Negotiate Master Franchise Agreements for both national and international operations
- Advise franchisors about structures to support system growth and expansion
- Advise franchisors and master franchisees about sale or acquisition systems
- Dispute resolution all the way to litigated court disputes
- Regulatory investigations (responding to ACCC enquiries)
- Legal compliance, including employment matters
- Supplier relationships
- Leasing issues
Looking to buy into a franchise?
Let us walk you through the Franchise Agreement and Franchisor Disclosure documents to decide if it is right for you and ensure you enter into the venture with your eyes wide open.
For specialised franchising advice and assistance, contact the Commercial Law team at Aubrey Brown Lawyers.