Meet Sharnie Leith
Today Sharnie is a valued member of our Estate Planning team. A complex area of the law, Estate Planning and all its various facets, demands a methodical approach. With her flair for problem solving, keen eye for detail, and caring professional manner with clients, Sharnie is ideally suited to this specialised area of the law.
An advocate for giving back where she can, Sharnie actively supports the Wesley Mission’s Aunties and Uncles Program, an early intervention mentoring program for disadvantaged children under twelve. She is also a voluntary mentor for the Law Society of NSW Women’s Mentoring Program.
Away from work Sharnie has a passion for interior design, but as a perfectionist, can be her own worst enemy until she’s happy with the result!
Sharnie first joined us in 2008 as a Law Clerk on our Litigation Team while studying towards a Bachelor of Laws at the University of Newcastle. Leaving in 2010 to spread her wings and gain experience in other types of legal practices, including a multi-national mid-tier law firm and a national defence company, she returned to the firm she values for its people and well-respected history in 2018.
Areas of Specialisation
- Will and Probate
- Estate Planning and Asset Protection
- Trusts and Powers of Attorney
- Elder Law and Disability Matters
- Family Provision Applications under the Succession Act
- Powers of Attorney
- Appointments of Enduring Guardian and Advance Healthcare Directives
- Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Finance
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice
- Advanced Certificate in Insolvency
- Supreme Court of New South Wales
- High Court of Australia
- Law Society of NSW
- Central Coast Law Society
- Hunter Women’s Business Network
- Law Society Of NSW Women’s Mentoring Program
- NSW Young Lawyers