Meet Kim Healy
Approachable and well grounded, Kim offers clients clear advice and proactive service, pursuing their interests through informal and formal negotiation, and, where necessary, in the courtroom. She has a particularly extensive knowledge of complex property and financial settlements and the sensitive issues relating to children and custody arrangements.
When working with clients, Kim is keenly aware that she is not only dealing with their Family Law matter, but also with their future and the future of any children involved. She also appreciates the impact that non-legal issues can have on a Family Law matter and how these issues can cloud and complicate negotiations. Her articulate manner and precise approach to legal practice enables her to quickly understand and analyse all aspects of a client’s concerns, cut through the non-legal issues and advise on the appropriate legal action that will achieve the best outcome.
Kim firmly believes that each client she advises deserves the best. Whether they are experiencing wanted or unwanted change, she works with them to find the right solution to enable them to move on. Her passion for her profession and work is evident to all who meet her.
Joining our firm in December 2017, Kim gains great satisfaction from working with a team of lawyers and support staff who are genuinely here to help clients and support one another, values that are aligned with her own.
Kim is an Accredited Specialist in Family Law and heads our Family Law team. She has achieved an impressive list of relevant qualifications and is widely regarded as an expert in the practice of Family Law. Kim’s reputation is such that she is regularly invited to appear as an advocate in Sydney, Newcastle and Parramatta Family and Federal Circuit Courts. She is also Chair of the Australian Family Law Pathways Network.
Areas of Specialisation
- Family Law
- De Facto and Same Sex Relationships
- Masters of Law
- Law Society Accredited Specialist Family Law
- Nationally Accredited Mediator
- Qualified Independent Children’s Lawyer
- Qualified in Organisation Management
- Admitted, Solicitor and Barrister in the High Court of Australia
- Graduate Degree in Management and Organisation
- Supreme Court of New South Wales
- High Court of Australia
- Family Law Section of the Law Council of Australia
- Secretary Central Coast Law Society
- 2018 Law Society: Diversity & Inclusion Committee, Human Rights Committee
- Hunter Valley Family Law Practitioners Association (past committee member)
- Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Law Society of New South Wales
- Chair of the Family Law Pathways Network